MARINATED CHICKEN SKEWERS
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- 2 Lakeside Yellow Bell Peppers, cut into 24 pieces
- 2 Lakeside Red Bell Peppers, cut into 24 pieces
- 2 Lakeside Green Bell Peppers, cut into 24 pieces
- 2 Zucchinis, cut into 1 ribbons
- 2 Chicken breasts, cut into 24 cubes
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
If using wooden skewers, soak for at least one hour before using.
Divide and assemble the ingredients between the 8 skewers alternating the different elements.
Whisk together the marinade and separate into two equal portions.
Using one of the marinade portions, brush onto the raw skewers and chill for at least one hour or overnight.
Grill or bake skewers rotating every 5 minutes until chicken is fully cooked, approximately 20 minutes.
Brush remaining portion of the dressing on the skewers while still warm. Serve immediately.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO SHARE OR FOR FUTURE REFERENCE