Thai Steak Salad
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup Lakeside English Cucumbers, cut into half moons
- 1 cup (250ml) Lakeside Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) Lakeside Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) Lakeside Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp (30ml) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10ml) fish sauce
- 2 tsp (10ml) mirin
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lime juice
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) honey
- Thai bird chili pepper, cut into small thin slices (optional)
- 1 lb flank steak
- 4 cups (454g) baby arugula or baby spring greens
- 1 cup (250ml) mixed herbs; cilantro, mint and Thai or regular basil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, combine the soy and fish sauce, mirin, lime juice, honey and chili pepper. Adjust seasoning according to your taste.
Meanwhile, bring steak to room temperature. Season both side well with salt and pepper, cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
Mix the salad greens with the fresh herb leaves, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
Grill the steak for 8-10 minutes per side for medium rare or 12-14 minutes for well done. Tent steak with foil on cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice steak and top the salad with the steak slices.
Drizzle dressing over top and serve.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO SHARE OR FOR FUTURE REFERENCE