HEIRLOOM & PANZANELLA SALAD
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) olive bread, preferably day old, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil,
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs (1 kg) Lakeside Heirloom Tomatoes, diced and sliced depending on size
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (15ml) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Kalamata or cured black olives, pitted
- 4 cups (1kg) of baby lettuce of your choice
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Toss bread cubes in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 min or until golden brown and set aside.
Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and oregano in a large serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Gently toss the tomatoes into the dressing.
Add the croutons, salad greens and olives and gently combine again.
Let the salad rest for 5-10 minutes for flavors to blend, and serve.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO SHARE OR FOR FUTURE REFERENCE