PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups Lakeside Tomatoes on the Vine, chopped
- 2 Lakeside Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Lakeside English Cucumbers, chopped
- 6 wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 limes (juice)
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper
Mix half of the tomatoes with all of the bell peppers, mozzarella, jalapenos, cilantro, juice of 1 lime, and 2 tbsp of the olive oil.
Put one wheat tortilla in the waffle maker, cover with one third of filling, and top with a second tortilla.
Fry for 5-7 minutes, then remove from waffle maker and cut into four parts.
Repeat with remaining tortillas/filling.
For side-salad, combine remaining tomatoes, cucumbers, oregano, and parsley in a bowl.
Whisk the remaining lime juice with olive oil and mix into bowl.
Season well with pepper and salt to taste.