Black Bean Misto Tacos
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- 1 package Lakeside Misto Tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 medium Lakeside Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 medium Lakeside Orange Bell Pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground ancho chile powder (or chili powder)
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin
- 1 cup (250ml) canned black beans, rinsed well
- 1 cup (250ml) queso fresco (or feta)
- fresh black pepper and sea salt to taste
- corn tortillas
Toss tomato halves and peppers with 1 tbsp olive oil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread tomatoes and peppers evenly over baking sheet. Broil until both tomatoes and peppers start to char and turn slightly black. Remove from oven and set aside.
Heat remaining olive oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
Add the garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, ancho chile powder, cumin and cook for a remaining 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Taste and adjust spices if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low.
Fold the cooked tomatoes and peppers in with the mixture in the frying pan. Add the black beans and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through. Cover and remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Meanwhile make a stack of 10-12 corn tortillas and wrap in foil. Warm the tortillas in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until soft and pliable.
Serve roasted tomato filling with the warmed tortillas and condiments of your choice.
Try with these additional fun toppings today!
Guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce, fresh cilantro
PIN THIS RECIPE TO SHARE OR FOR FUTURE REFERENCE