PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) Lakeside Rubies Tomatoes, halved
- 1 head radicchio, torn into large pieces
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 1 tbsp (15ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30ml) chives, finely chopped
- 2 strips of bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp (30ml) sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp (5ml) maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, salt and radicchio together and toss well. Set aside to marinate.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, add the bacon pieces and saute until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside bacon fat.
Reduce heat to medium low and add 1 tbsp of bacon fat back into the pan with the shallot. Saute until soft and translucent. Add the tomato halves and saute until just slightly softened. Stir in the maple syrup and sherry vinegar. Remove the pan from the heat, add bacon and set aside.
Meanwhile, prep the shrimp for cooking. Toss the shrimp with salt and black pepper. In the same pan, add remaining bacon fat and cook over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and opaque in color, approximately 3-5 minutes.
Toss the radicchio with the dressing and taste. Adjust flavoring according to taste with maple syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Top the salad with the cooked shrimp and sprinkle chives on top. Serve salad warm or cold.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO SHARE OR FOR FUTURE REFERENCE