Grilled Trout With Solle Tomatoes
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 lb (500ml) Lakeside Solle Tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp fresh lime zest
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tbsp (30ml) fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5ml) honey (optional)
- 1/4 of a fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs Lake trout fillet with skin on
- 1/2 cup (125ml) oregano sprigs
- fresh black pepper and kosher salt
Bring the fish to room temperature. Brush 2 tsp olive oil on the top of the fish and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the small sprigs of oregano.
Combine the tomatoes, the 2 tbsp olive oil, lime juice and zest, jalapeno, oregano, garlic, honey and fennel together. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Preheat grill to medium high, and place the 1/2 cup oregano sprigs as a bed for the trout fillet to rest on. Grill and cover for 15 minutes. Flip the fish over and grill for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest.
Divide the tomato salad between the four plates. Cut the fillet into four equal pieces, (removing the oregano and skin) and place beside the salad.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO SHARE OR FOR FUTURE REFERENCE